Query Multiple Taxonomies
Inconsistent title presentation - term slug vs label (4 posts)

  1. Joy
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I thought I would change the title of my query page by using the wp_title filter, so I looked in the code to see how it was done. But I don't understand what it is doing, and I think it has a bug.

    I have a post-type for plants. When I click on the first QMT link, for "drought tolerant", I get a title "drought tolerant | Blogname". This is ugly, but correct, and uses the label for the term.
    Next I click on "Shrubs", so the title changes to "Features: drought-tolerant; Plant Types: shrubs | drought tolerant | Blogname". This looks a bit odd because it's using the term slug instead of the term label, and it leaves the original title in the middle.
    If I continue to click on QMT links, the term slug is added to the front part of the title and the original "drought tolerant" term label remains as the middle part of the title.

    So what do you think? Should it be putting term labels in the title instead of term slugs? And why is the original title just a term label with no taxonomy label? And why would you ever want to keep the original solitary title once you've narrowed the results (and expanded the title to match)?

  2. Joy
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I played with it some more and found that if I remove a term, the middle part of the title changes to one of the remaining terms. After that, sometimes when I add another term the middle part of the title will change to the new term and sometimes it remains the old term.

    It seems to me that the title should reflect what we are looking at, so that solitary term label should not be there at all.

  3. scribu
    Plugin Author

    Posted 5 years ago #

    I'm considering removing all alterations to wp_title done by the plugin, to avoid all the potential edge cases, such as this one.

  4. Joy
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I like having the detail in the title. I just don't like the single term part that stays the same.
    If the plugin doesn't do it, I'll have to add that logic somewhere else to get it into the title (and I'd be looking to the plugin to supply a way to tell what the current query is).

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Query Multiple Taxonomies
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic