[Plugin: Podcast Channels] Enclosures not automatically added
I set up podcast-channels a few months ago and have since been producing two podcasts successfully. However, there are some issues with the setup that I haven’t had the bandwidth to address. Hopefully this is something you can help me with.
I have read that WordPress automatically attaches enclosures when it detects the URL of a media file. This has never worked for me and so I don’t what is supposed to happen when it does work; when you save a post with a media URL does WP add a custom field called ‘enclosure’ and a value which includes info about the media file?
This is my current process:
1. Upload an mp3 file (they tend to be 100-130MB)
2. Draft the post and add the file to the post by first using Add From Server plugin to import mp3 into Media Library, then add to post from Media Library. Now I have a link to the file in my post
3. I add the [audio: url-of-file.mp3] for the wpaudioplayer plugin
4. Save draft
At this point I would expect that, based on what little I know about WP enclosure feature, the enclosure would be added – I don’t know how this happens or in what way it manifests.
5. What I have been doing is adding a custom field called ‘enclosure’ and putting the URL of the file in there along with the file size and ‘audio/mpeg’ separated by carriage returns.
Once I saw a custom field with this info in it; I thought maybe it came from another podcasting plugin I tried. In any case I do this manually now for each post and it seems to work. Would be great if I didn’t have to do it manually because I have no idea about the spec of the enclosure; maybe there’s other information I’m not including? There must be a better way and for a feature which is supposed to be built-in to WP, I can’t find any documentation.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Podcast Channels] Enclosures not automatically added’ is closed to new replies.