I decided to create a local PC copy of a WordPress web site.
The local copy is working fine. However, I realized that all PHP widgets disappeared on the local site. I was able to recreate them based on the code on the web site. However, do you see any reason for this behaviour?
For your info, here is the high level procedure I used to create a local WordPress copy :
- I installed XAMPP, copied my wordpress folder + index.php into xampp\htdocs directory.
- I exported the wordpress web site database using phpMyAdmin and I replaced the web site URL by http://localhost in the exported database file.
- Then I imported the database in my local MySQL and updated it (UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = “http://localhost” WHERE option_name = “home”; UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = “http://localhost/wordpress” WHERE option_name = “siteurl”;)
- Finally, I went to settings -> permaliens -> Save modifications without changing anything on the settings (not 100% of the wording as I am using a french wordpress installation).
So, is there any specific steps I should consider in regards to PHP widget for creating such wordpress local copy?
Thanks in advance for your support.
P.S. Thanks for your extension
- The topic ‘[Plugin: PHP Code Widget] PHP widget disappeared when creating local WordPress copy’ is closed to new replies.