I have been dealing with this plugin for a while now. I really love the look of it and it really helps to affiliate my other site with it. However, it threw all kinds of errors in the browser and after some research it was getting strange hits from all over the world on the PHP script. I didn’t feel safe with it.
So in an effort to keep the functionality of the plugin running on the site I removed all calls to the database. Which left me with just the script pointing to the files needed to implement the swf’s and my personal images.
I thought it was over after that but for some reason it was still calling the php in the html that was no longer there. People where still hitting the Php and getting, of course, 404 errors that it didn’t exist.
I did a search for all instances of the word page peel in the database and found two instances still present. After removing them, everything is working and no more database calls. In fact I have removed the plugin completely and still have the functionality running.
I am not sure what exactly was going on ;), but if anyone would like a breakdown on how to do this feel free to send me an email.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Page Peel] Strange hits to Pagepeel.php’ is closed to new replies.