[Resolved] [Plugin: Online Backup Version 2.25 has "bugs]
Version 2.25 online back-up has some bugs.
I have 2 blogs:
1) on First blog – Was able to do manual back-up after scheduled back-up failed and “timed out.” But file is 10x larger than previous back-ups. Not sure why?
2) Second blog – Manual back-up failed. Gave the following error message.
“The backup failed: The server returned the following error message: The username and password combination specified was not found on our records.”
I have not changed the username or password. And it was working fine before updating to version 2.25.
(btw- My tech person has it set up as 2 different accounts. Can login to first account. Unable to login to account for blog with failed back-up. So, unable to check or change username/password info.)
1) Can you post the event log for the timed out backup? (Activity Log -> View Events)
It may be the scheduled backup struggled to backup all your data because lots of new data appeared, and so it timed out. Then you did manual backup and the size has increased significantly because of this new data. Extract the zip file and have a look to see if you can find the files that are making it so big.
2) Go to Online Backup Settings and click logout, then log back in. If you still get the error, let me know.
1) Here is the most recent event log for the first account. It did not back-up yesterday as scheduled.
(fyi- previous backups were around 2.6 MB. When I did manual back-up last week it was 31.93 MB. I made no significant changes to blog to increase size like that. Maybe did one post.)
Just did manual back-up. The back-up size was 3.42 MB.
Activity ID: 55
Activity Type: Scheduled Backup
Completion: Timed out
Backup Size: 0 B (0 files)
Total Size: 0 B (0 files)
Start Time: 22nd Jul 2012 7.04.40 AM
End Time: 22nd Jul 2012 7.29.03 AM
22nd Jul 2012 7.29.03 AM
The backup timed out too many times and no progress was made on any attempt. Your server may be running extremely slow at this time – try scheduling the backup during a quieter period.
22nd Jul 2012 7.04.40 AM
2) Here is activity log for second account. I tried a manual back-up again today. It still gives the error message about username and password not found. When I try to login it still says account not found.
22nd Jul 2012 7.10.48 AM (Scheduled)
The backup ran for 2 h 52 m 11 s and backed up 0 B in 0 files. A total of 0 B in 0 files were scanned.
Backups are scheduled
Weekly – The next backup will begin at 29th Jul 2012 7.00.00 AM.
Compression is available
Backup sizes will be significantly reduced.
Encryption is enabled
Backups will be encrypted with AES128 level encryption.
Filesystem backup is disabled in schedule
Only the database is currently protected in scheduled backups. Click ‘Schedule’ to enable filesystem backup.
Online backup is disabled in schedule
Thanks for your help,
For 1) – I have a set of questions, quite a few and I apologies, just want to get a full picture.
What version of the plugin were you using previously?
What version of PHP is your server running?
Is your server running Linux or Windows?
Also what version of WordPress?
When you do a manual backup does it work perfectly fine and you can download it OK?
Does your website receive regular visits? Or can it go a day without a single visit? I ask this because the WordPress scheduling will not work unless people hit the website, and this can cause the issue with time out if the backup starts but then WordPress doesn’t run the script for a long time.
For 2) can you go to https://wordpress.backup-technology.com/ and try to login there. If you can’t log in there, it is because the account doesn’t exist. In which case, you can create a new account, or if you believe you’ve forgotten your password, you can click Trouble Logging In and get help resetting your password.
Really appreciate your help. This is the info. I have on hand:
1) Using latest plugin update 2.25. Was using most current update before, believe it was 2.24
Have no idea about PHP (sorry).
Did manual back-up. back to normal size. Didn’t download. Can’t find where to get download.
Yes regular visits. approx 500+ month
2) couldn’t log in. so created new account.
tried manual back-up.
see error message:
The backup failed: The server returned the following error message: The username and password combination specified was not found on our records.
26th Jul 2012 9.14.20 AM Error A transmission operation failed.
If the following error message is not clear as to the problem and the issue persists, please contact support providing the complete event log for the activity. Diagnostic information follows:
Failed at: /home/content/21/7501521/html/wp-content/plugins/wponlinebackup/include/transmission.php(917)
An online request failed: The server responded with status code 500 and error code 257: The username and password combination specified was not found on our records.
26th Jul 2012 9.14.19 AM Information Initialisation completed.
26th Jul 2012 9.14.19 AM Information Backup starting…
For 1), when you go to the Backup screen, you should see 3 options. One sends to online, one lets you download, one lets you email. You should select the download option. When the backup reaches 100% it should show a download button.
I believe you are scheduling an email backup for this first blog, and when you are running manual you aren’t selecting download so it is sending the data to our vault.
Additionally, the reason the manual backup will be larger, is because by default we have filesystem and database backup enabled in the manual backup options (but this was only since a recent update). I believe you may have filesystem backup disabled in the schedule so it is only backing up the database on schedule, thus it is smaller.
For 2), I can see you created an account with username vondielozano2, but the plugin appears to be trying to login as vondie2, which doesn’t exist on our side. Can you check you are using the correct username on the Online Backup Settings page, and that the Online Backup Settings page actually says you are logged in? (That is, it shows a Log Out button instead of the username/password fields)
1) I was able to download a manual back-up.
When I tried to do email back-up, it said file was too large.
Any suggestions? I don’t want to have to remember to do this each week. Should I just change it so it does online back-up? I think we used to have it set-up that way, but kept getting error messages that back-up failed.
2) The account in my plugin says vondie2. But, I was unable to login with that, so I created a new account per your instructions (with vondielozano2). When I login with the new vondielozano2 account, it says “logout” so I know I’m in.
I was able to do download the manual back-up. But when I tried to email back-up, I got the following error message:
The backup timed out too many times and no progress was made on any attempt. Your server may be running extremely slow at this time – try scheduling the backup during a quieter period
I have very fast “turbo” internet and am the only one online right now.
Thanks for your continued support with this issue.
btw– I think I saw that you can now have 2 blogs on one account. Would that help or just complicate things at this point?
You may have to do the online backup. Email just simply can’t handle big file attachments so if the files is too big, there’s not much one can do except exclude something from the backup to make it smaller.
For the second, it could be the same thing. We sometimes see time outs when the email is too big to send.
1) If I back-up online, how do I access it in case it needed to be uploaded at some point? Where is the “Vault?”
And do I do filesystem and database back-up?
And I’m assuming I should check the box for incremental back-up to online vault.
Any other settings that need to be changed?
2) That blog is significantly smaller than the first — just a few pages. The other has 84 posts and tons of pages.
The vault is at https://wordpress.backup-technology.com/ – the place where you registered the online backup account. All files can be downloaded there.
You should do both database and filesystem to get a full backup of your blog. Database contains posts and pages and settings. The filesystem contains WordPress itself, your media, your themes and your plugins.
If you tick box for incremental backup to online vault it will run a backup to https://wordpress.backup-technology.com/
If not, it will run the backup to wherever else you chose.
2 – we have a new feature coming that will state to event log the size of the backup before it emails. We can provide you with a release candidate to test if you wish – email support “at” backup-technology.co.uk. It may even fix the issue, or it will at least state the size of the backup before it tries to email it.
1) Able to do a Online Vault back-up and Download manual back-up (do I need to do second manual back-up to download?) Or can I download what has been backed-up to the vault?
2) On second blog, unable to do Online Vault back-up. It still gives error name about pword and username. In my Online Back-up Settings, the username reads: vondie2. (remember – I wasn’t able to login with that account, so I added new account vondielozano2, per your instructions. I can login with vondielozano2)
I was able to do manual back-up and download. But I want to get the username issue resolve. any thoughts???
1) When you backup to vault, it backs up only changes. So you can’t really download anything at this stage. If you go to wordpress.backup-technology.com and login you’ll be able to download whatever you need from there.
2) I admit I’m a little confused by you not able to login using vondie2, but the plugin is using vondie2. Did you not log it out and change it to vondielozano2 earlier? The plugin itself needs to be logged in correctly. It may be you logged it in as vondie2 and changed the password (forgot it and reset it maybe?) therefore it can’t send data to the vault anymore. But if you click on Online Backup Settings, then click Log out, it will clear this wrong password from the plugin. You can then login again, either with vondie2 or vondielozano2.
If you still have issues with 2) after doing the logout and login on online backup settings, let me know but please be clear with exactly what you’ve done and are seeing.
My plugin on my wp site says vondie2.
When I login it won’t take vondie2. but it accepts vondielozano2
Where do I change what?
I saved screenshots if there is a way to mail to you.
1) Online back-up settings, it lists my username: vondie2
I am able to login, username: vondielozano2
3) https://wordpress.backup-technology.com/, am logged in
It shouldn’t say vondie2 on the plugin, that account doesn’t seem to work. Have you gone to Online backup setting and clicked the “Logout” button, inside the plugin?
When you login it won’t take vondie2 – when you login where?
Also your 1, 2, 3 in your last post contains URLs, what do you mean by those?
Can you elaborate on those?
I appreciate your persistence Jason!
I just “disconnected” and logged back in with new username and it worked. Then was able to login to wpbackup site.
Now, hopefully it will save to the vault. That should be good enough for now.
I’ll close the ticke if works.
Also did back-up at godaddy just to be on the safe side 🙂
- The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: Online Backup Version 2.25 has "bugs]’ is closed to new replies.