after a long time working as expected, the plugin suddenly stopped working without any error! It keeps searching for posts to delete with a never ending status. Even logs stopped populating. What is the issue?
- This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by diriras.
The plugin is working fine. We tested it with WP 5.9.x and WP 6.0RC with PHP 7.x and PHP 8..
So you say it started to fail but you don’t give any data, not even from your WordPress.
What did you do differently on your site that could have started to fail ?
What PHP do you have on your server ? What version of WordPress do you have? Did you update it recently?
Have you recently installed or updated any plugins or made any changes?
Do you have a large database?
You should look for the cause of the problem or give more clues about the failure.
If the process hangs with a never ending status it is possible that it is giving timeouts when the cron tries to execute it. Searching the PHP error files on your server is also a good idea.
By the way, this is a technical support question. It should go in the support forum and not with a negative review.
You say you’ve been using it for so long and as soon as it fails you rush to rate it negatively?
Why didn’t you rate it before when it worked fine for you?
Attitude can be everything if you are looking for free help.
Thanks for the quick reply.
You are absolutely correct about the review, I was rushed into negative rating without evaluating first. So Its fair to edit the review until we found a solution for the 5/5. I also wanted to report that from all of WP plugins you are the ONE and only which filters post via CONTENT along with title and that suits the best for us all and its for FREE!!
Wordpress Version: latest
PHP version: 7.4.27
DB size: 7GB
I can not track the changes because this plugin only works if it finds duplicate post.
So today I had a duplicate that was not auto-deleted so I went in digging and plugin could not finish scanning (last25 posts, ignore categories) and no logs!
Probably I will search for php logs , but if you have any idea after the info I provided please inform me!
Hi, thanks for change de rate and your words.
7Gb is a lot of information and if you crawl by content it surely takes too much time to process and PHP ends up giving timeout.
You can try increasing the PHP timeout in your Plesk settings. I can’t help you there but you will find a lot of information on Google on how to do it.
I would also do a deep clean of the whole database to help everything improve performance, (after doing backups).
Lastly, you may have to try different configurations in a deletion campaign to see what options work best for you. If there are no duplicates the process will go through the entire DB, then the longer the process takes because it never reaches the limit of 25.
When the plugin was working my DB was not smaller than 6GB and the filter back then was also by content and it have been managing to complete in almost 25-30 seconds in manual or auto mode and with 25 posts option. I could see it in the logs. Even if no duplicate posts existed, it always needed half a minute to finish!
Present day, I completely uninstalled the plugin, new Campaign checke both by title or content but no luck! I even tried with a staging enviroment with almost clean DB, it never ends! https://ibb.co/hYkkJLB
I will increase php timeout as I own my private VPS but I dont think its the issue!
- The topic ‘plugin not working’ is closed to new replies.