Support » Plugin: CSV to SortTable » Plugin not interpreting URLs after update

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plugin Author Shaun Scovil

    (@sscovil)

    Hi there! Sorry you’re having a problem. Do you know which version of the plugin you upgraded from?

    The URLs in the last column of your table are links to other web pages, not image files…so they should never have been converted into link images even in older versions of this plugin.

    Did someone modify the older version of the plugin for you? Or write a custom function, maybe?

    Plugin Author Shaun Scovil

    (@sscovil)

    At any rate, the plugin converts certain file URLs (.doc, .pdf, .ppt, .xls, .zip) into clickable file type icons — and image file URLs into clickable images.

    I am not aware of any modifications other than what I did in the CSS.
    The version was 3.1

    This is how I am calling the plugin on the page:
    [csv2table source=”http://www.ayaltis.com/wp-content/uploads/performance/performance_en.csv” unsortable=”1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10″ number=”2,3,4,5,6,7,8″ group=”1″ icons=”true”]

    This was working and I had an image with 3 dots that replaced the URL.
    Trying to find a copy of the old plugin now.

    Plugin Author Shaun Scovil

    (@sscovil)

    Try adding this to your style.css:

    table.sortable td.col11 a {
        background-image: url('http://placehold.it/20x20');
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        color: transparent;
        float: left;
        position: relative;
        width: 20px;
        height: 20px;
    }

    You’ll want to replace the background-image value with the URL of your image, and set the width and height to the correct dimensions for your image. That should sort you out.

    EDIT: I added float: left; to ensure the cell widths were correct.

    Plugin Author Shaun Scovil

    (@sscovil)

    Marking this as resolved. I tested the solution above on your site in Chrome Inspector and it worked; please let me know if you have any trouble getting it to work on your end.

    Yes, problem is resolved thankyou.
    Thanks for your prompt response.
    Found the issue as it would seem the row class names have changed since 3.1.

    Now if you know of a way to make this table “responsive”… 😉

    Plugin Author Shaun Scovil

    (@sscovil)

    Ah yes, sorry about that. In the process of improving the plugin, I had to make some changes that were likely to result in a few CSS customizations being broken. Glad we could sort it out, though.

    Also, tables don’t exactly lend themselves to responsive design since you have to shrink the text in order to fit all the columns…but that being said, the plugin CSS includes this:

    table.sortable { width: 100%; }

    So in theory, if it is placed inside a responsive container it should follow suit.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin not interpreting URLs after update’ is closed to new replies.