I have been using NextGEN Gallery for years now. Recently I have encountered a problem which I cannot solve.
My site is http://www.ipsilon.si
On my page I tipically write long posts with multiple thumbnails as links to the pictures in my galleries (last post is about 6000 words and almost 250 pictures).
Here's what I did:
- I created a gallery and uploaded 247 pictures
- I wrote a post in which those pictures should go
- I inserted all the pictures as thumbnails (thickbox), one by one, into the post (using insert image button) because Faster Image Insert obviously doesn't work (yet) with latest WP version (and yes it took quite some time)
- I manually deleted all information about CSS class in advanced settings for each picture, because I found that was the only way I can have my pictures sorted through the post the way I want them (where I place them in the text)
- After all images were inserted, I finished drafting my post and went to the gallery (manage gallery)
- I added descriptions and and alt texts to almost all of the pictures (some had descriptions added beforehand) and saved/updated the gallery
But now, when I publish and view my post, I cannot see the descriptions of the pictures. Those pictures that had been described before i inserted them into post show their description (a few of them), others don't.
What I would like to know, is there any option to simply "update" the thumbnails in my post or do I have to either manually insert all the thumbnails again (please say no) or do I have to add description again to all images in post through post-editing?
The method I have described was my usual working method for years and it has always worked just fine. When I updated the description of the picture in the gallery, it showed also in posts.
I tried clearing all catches, reinstalling NGG and WP, everything that usually works, but to no avail.
I am using latest versions of WP, NGG and my theme (talian).
So, any help would be trully apreciated before I choke on copy-pasting almost 250 descriptions :)