Sorry if these questions have really simple answers but I’m new and really confused.
1) I don’t see the check on the buddypress registration page. I read the FAQs I saw it says this
Why does the checkbox not show up?
You’re theme probably does not support the comment hook this plugin uses to add the checkbox to your comment form. You can manually place the checkbox by calling <?php if(function_exists('ns_comment_checkbox')) ns_comment_checkbox(); ?> inside the form tags of your comment form.
But I’ve no idea where that code should go? Reading the answer sounds confusing to me.
2) I also don’t understand the “Sign up form settings”
Submit button value
What do I put for this?
3) I am using the newsletter service mailchimp. But if I was to select other/advanced …how does that work? I don’t see any explanation for that.
1) Did you check the checkbox on the “Checkbox Settings” page that says: show at BuddyPress registration form?
2) You could just leave those empty and use the default values. These settings kick in when you are using the sign-up form widget or the shortcode inside your posts.
3) By selecting other advanced you can practically configure ANY newsletter service out there. Selecting a specific newsletter service is just to help you pick some predefined settings, to make configuring a bit easier for you. Since you are using MailChimp I recommend selecting MailChimp and then choose to use their API, it is a lot faster.