In the plugin settings, what do I put in the Microsoft Bing AppID field?
The plugin is not working, and I am suspecting it's because I don't have the right ID code entered into the settings. The link provided under the AppID field did not help me find an ID code to enter here.
I've gone through all the steps to get what is now called a "Microsoft Live" account, and I've even signed up for the Microsoft Translate API free version. These are the codes I now have available but NONE of them enable the translator to work:
- Windows Azure Marketplace Account > Primary Account ID
- Windows Azure Marketplace Account > Customer ID
- Microsoft Account > Personal info > Unique ID
No matter which code I enter, the [translate] link appears on pages and posts, I can click it to reveal languages, but when I click on any language, nothing happens.
I suspect that Microsoft has changed their websites and processes and terminology since the plugin was created.
After all, I figured the plugin might not work anymore, perhaps due to changes at Microsoft, as the past support thread "Plugin not working at all" seems to indicate. Apparently it was working and then mysteriously stopped working.
I would rather not leave the broken plugin there to confuse my site's users, so I deactivated it. If there is a solution, I may give it another try.