I am planning on releasing version 2.0 of my Related Posts plugin by the end of this week. Currently there’s a release candidate available. It would be great if some of you could test it to see if you run into any weird bugs.
Also, I would like to know if there are any features you’d be interested in. Current new features in v2.0 are:
- Option to display related posts underneath your post content automatically
- Extended customization of the way the list of related posts are displayed:
- Using a custom title for the related posts section
- Choosing the HTML header element (h1, h2, etc.) of the title for the related posts section, for all you DOM purists and SEO cats out there
- Custom message to display when there are no related posts, with the option no displaying anything at all (no text, no code)
- Widget support
- Some minor bugs, like the post itself appearing as a search result
- Relating posts to pages and vice versa.
I simply love your plugin!!! Great job.
However, I was wondering if there was a way to spice it up?
A couple of things I’d be interested in right now are:
*Possibility to control how he links appear. right now they appea as regular links, but would it be possible to give it a little payout like adding a tiny thumbnail picture and the post title next to it, or even add the date it was added?
*Possibility to stick the posts where we want in a post. For example, I use NextGen gallery and wherever I want a picture or gallery to appear, I can just call it between those brakets . It would look something like [post ID:1243] Would that be possible?
Here is one of my posts using your plugin.
I’m working on a new version where the plugin returns a full posts object instead of just the ID and the title of the related posts. With this, you should be able to create any custom display options for the list of posts, like thumbnails etc.
I really like your suggestion of being able to display related posts using a [..] shortcode. I’ll look into that.
Thanks for your suggestions!
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Microkid’s Related Posts] Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.