When using the upload/insert functionality on posts to upload images there are a few issues:
– The URL is wrong if the title is changed (I understand why, worth raising though as it affects the following)
– If you click ‘Insert into Post’ the original URL is used not the one that happens after save, probably because it’s an AJAX save
– If you hit ‘Save all changes’ before ‘Insert into post’ to avoid the above something strange happens where the normal slug is stored but the filename is renamed to slug-1 and they remain out of sync until manually being corrected (by renaming the file(s) manually)
Other things I’ve noticed:
– Sometimes the thumbnails are out of sync? They get referenced correct in the admin but the filename is the original from upload rather than adjusted, not sure whether this a WP quirk I’m unaware of or at fault of your plugin.. or even a feature. Not looked into this much as I’m not using the thumbnails.
Other than that this plugin serves IMO a huge need.. image filenames are important, it all almost works perfect aside from these little niggles which would be great to see fixed!
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Media File Renamer] Mismatched filenames when uploading from post’ is closed to new replies.