[Resolved] [Plugin: Many Tips Together] Superb Plugin and some minor queries.
a superb plugin and wished I had found it a lot sooner as I have wasted days researching and playing around with a combination of four plugins when I could have just used yours which I now have.
Just a couple of queries though:-
1. Is it possible to show Recent Comments on the Dashboard for a user or does it only show for Admin?
2. Under General Settings “Hide the Help texts from this level up” does not seem to be working. I have set it for subscriber but you could still see the Help icon. Did some custom css to remove the display, however see no.3
3. I tried to add some custom css for the admin bar in the normal theme custom css as I couldn’t see anywhere to put it in the plugin however the css would not work. I have had to use the plugin WP Custom Admin Bar to add the admin css changes instead. Any reason why Many Tips is overriding css changes to the admin bar in the normal custom css file?
4. Possible enhancements – a) ability to disable parts of the plugin functionality eg Login and Logout as the preset items slightly interfered with my current login screen. Also any chance of disabling certain items just for users but retaining them for admin e.g I wanted to hide the +New (Topic & Reply) for users but in doing so it has removed all +New items for Admin.
May seem like there is a lot above but the amount of work the plugin does is awesome and by far the best plug in for customising the backend and super user friendly. Not sure if you want to consider changing the name of the plugin though as it seems somewhat obscure. I seemed to stumble across it rather than it being prominent in the WP search. As mentioned I could have saved myself a lot of time and effort if only I had come across yours first.
PS Do you accept donations because I couldn’t find a way to donate. The amount of work you have done certainly deserves one.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: Many Tips Together] Superb Plugin and some minor queries.’ is closed to new replies.