I am back after a long time, and I want to try to install this plugin again. Even though my first attempt was unsuccessful.
I use WP 2.8.4 now. Here is what I did:
1. Created a feed from the latest issue of our online magazine, using Feedburner.
2. Copy-pasted the feed's address in the "Add Blog Feed" box on Make Tabbloid setting in the Admin.
3. Chose "Make Tabbloid RSS" from the drop-down and generated an RSS.
4. In the Widgets placed the widget in the sidebar.
5. This is the error message I got in the sidebar:
Warning: fopen(/var/www/vhosts/thepublicsphere.com/httpdocs/ThePublicSphere-5.pdf) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/thepublicsphere.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/make-tabbloid/make-tabbloid.php on line 165
can't open file