This morning, neither my client or I were able to login to the website where yesterday I had installed LSS.
It is likely I caused this problem, but let me recount the sequence of events, as best I can recall, to get your advice before proceeding:
1) While trying to lock down the site, I changed permissions for config.php to 400 and tried to access the site. I received a flood of mySQL errors:
Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): 8 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in …/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line XXX (many lines of this error)
2) At this point, I could not log into the site. I restored the config.php permissions, but received message that my password needed to be changed. I did so, a couple of times.
3) Apparently at more or less the same time, my client was trying to login, and received the same error. She also reset her password several times.
4) I received 9 emails from the site saying POTENTIAL INTRUSION AT (sitename)
I was able to delete the plugin via FTP access, and can now access the site’s admin section.
If it matters, the DB table “wp_login_security_solution_fail” is intact, as is the login security data from the _usermeta and _options tables.
A) Did my changing permissions on config.php have any effect on LSS?
B) I would like to reinstall your plugin. How would you recommend that I proceed?
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Login Security Solution] Cannot Login To Site’ is closed to new replies.