Support » Plugin: Link Library » [Plugin: Link Library] Update causes fatal error

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Updating to the latest version caused some probs for me as well.

    Mainly when activated, it nullified parts of my theme and in the dashboard area, any action I do results in a blank page but before the blank page is displayed, I get the following characters displayed on the screen – 

    Doing a search I did find something on a Joomla forum which might give an idea as to what the problem is (I caught the gist of itt but it’s mostly over my head) – http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=275353

    I don’t know anything about link library however . . .

    In the past when I have had issues such as this when installing a new plugin, I have often found that that plugin somehow effected my mysql database and I had to go root out the problem by looking there. Look for tables, fields, etc that might contain words related to the plugin. Hope that helps in some small way.

    thanks, I’ll have a look see if I can find anything, cheers.

    Plugin Author Yannick Lefebvre

    (@jackdewey)

    The double-checked the changes that I made last night and the main one which might be responsible for this is the line that says:

    network: true

    towards the top of the plugin.

    Please try removing this line and see if it works for you.

    Which version of WordPress are you using?

    The odd thing is that I am not getting errors on my live site with the new update.

    Thanks for looking at this thread so quickly.

    I’m using the latest version of WordPress. I run a couple of WordPress sites so I have upgraded Link Library on 3 sites, and 2 work without a hitch, and it is only the 1 site that has the problem.

    The site that is having the problem is http://www.lochgelly.org.uk, and I reckon that it’s a conflict being caused by the theme rather than the plugin. I’m using Mystique – Mystique – http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/mystique

    I tried to edit the plugin, but it is the only plugin I cannot edit, in the dashboard, so I upgraded to version 4.2.8 (I should have downloaded a local copy to edit, sorry I was having a doh moment), and it has resolved the earlier issue in my previous post, but developed a new issue.

    The new error is that everything works fine but if I go to the links page it displays the links as normal, but the top of the page is a 404 error followed by the CSS fix for Fancybox working with IE, yet it is functioning normally: http://lochgelly.org.uk/?page_id=420

    Same thing happened to me after upgrade to 4.2.8 as mentioned by mentalist3d.

    Everything works fine but if I go to the links page it displays the links as normal, but the top of the page is a 404 error and the page layout is repeated twice once with 404 at top and once with the links.

    Plugin Author Yannick Lefebvre

    (@jackdewey)

    If you get Fancybox codes and a 404 error, go to the stylesheet editor and reset the styles. Something I am doing on plugin deactivation is fetching a 4040 page sometimes and storing it in there.

    Thanks very much for the solution. I’ve spent days trying to understand your code (I’m ok with html & css but not php) to see if I could figure a solution, (never even came close).

    It didn’t even occur to me to try and reset the stylesheet to default, just shows that sometimes the solution can be the easiest.

    Thanks again for the solution and all your hard work. I still you rate you as one of the top plugin developers for how active you are and consistently good plugins you release, cheers 😉

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘[Plugin: Link Library] Update causes fatal error’ is closed to new replies.