[Plugin: LeagueManager] Version 2.9 & Championchip Mode
finally I managed to complete LeagueManager Version 2.9. It introduces several changes and new features, the most important being a modular setup with several WordPress actions and filters for easy implementation of different sport types. Here’s a brief list:
* Modular setup and several new sport types
* unlimited number of widgets
* different dropdown menues for match report
* easy adding of custom fields for matches and teams via WP hooks
* match statistics
* shortcodes to show teamlist and single team page
* TeamRoster via bridge to ProjectManager (for match stats)
* track team rank of previous save
Due to the growing complexity and number of sport types I cannot provide templates to cover everything. I can only impement the basic features to gather all needed data. I encourage anybody who to design new templates for any specific sport type or just for the fun of it. You can then send them to me by email for inclusion into the main plugin.
The second topic I’d like to address here is a Championchip Mode. Unfortunately I don’t have enough time to further develop this feature, as it would be highly complex. However I have some preliminary code, that resides in lib/championchip.php and admin/championchip.php. It follows a list of features I thought would be needed:
* Option to set number of teams that adavance from preliminary round to final round (easy with WP action)
* insert groups (like Seasons)
* dropdown in team edit form to allocate group to team (easy with WP action)
* Add final matches beforehand in a style Winner A – Second B (present)
* replace code format of final matches with respective team
So the basic features of the plugin already exist or are quite easy to implement. However the last part of inserting the true teams for respective final matches is quite complicated. My idea would be to add buttons to proceed into the next round.
Is there anybody or group who would be willing to work on this feature. It should be already possible with LeagueManager 2.9 to implement a Championchip Mode as standalone-plugin. If not, I would provide needed hooks.
I hope there is somebody who could work on that, because I think it would be a very cool feature.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: LeagueManager] Version 2.9 & Championchip Mode’ is closed to new replies.