I am officialy desperate! I have the same issue with adding a JW player shortcode into my template files as was pointed by Amanda here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-jw-player-plugin-for-wordpress-display-video-with-do_shortcode-php-in-theme-files?replies=6
I followed the instruction mentioned at the thread with no success. This headache lasts for 3 days so far with no cure – I tried A LOT of other video plugins but not a single one suited my needs as JW Player does, particularly its modification “JW Player for WordPress”.
I have two types of posts: The first type has a regular post image, the second one uses videos as post images. This means that structure of the loop should something like this:
<?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?> <?php the_title(); ?> <?php echo do_shortcode('[ call shortcode to get a JW player with a youtube/vimeo video, its URL is defined by custom field ]'); ?> OR any other sollution to print a "title video" outside of the post content <?php the_excerpt(); ?> <?php endwhile; endif; ?>
The ideal sollution for this seemed to be a SIMPLE VIDEO EMBBEDER (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-video-embedder/installation/) – the plugin works pretty much the same as THE_POST_THUMBNAIL function, except for videos. And here comes the issue – I have a jQuery sliding panel on the top of my page which is not able to overlay the flash object (video), no matter how high is the z-index of a panel set. Here goes a list of workarounds I could think of:
1) Edit the Simple video embbeder plugin to add a “wmode=’opaque’ parameter to the generated code. DIDN’T WORK – I haven’t found a way how to do that. 🙂
2) Force Simple video embbeder plugin use a JW Player workframe (which has wmode=”opaque” as default) which IS a built in option to the plugin interface. DIDN’T WORK – not sure why. I defined the relative path to JW player’s files, but nothing new happened really. Youtube videos were still played via youtube iframes, same goes for Vimeo etc. … Is this feature still of the plugin still supported?
3) Call JW Player shortcode by echo do_shortcode. DIDN’T WORK AS WELL – Here I have the same issue as you had – I followed the instructions at thread mentioned above. Well, I copy pasted the code. 🙂 And it, again, didn’t work – the object tag and few parametres were printed to the code, bud nothing appeared in the page. The thread: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-jw-player-plugin-for-wordpress-display-video-with-do_shortcode-php-in-theme-files?replies=6
4) Find out the other plugin or sollution which meets my requirements. Those are
– If JW player sollution, than it must be compatible with skins from LongTails website.
– If any sollution, the panel must be able to overlay over the flash object (video).
– If any sollution, there must be an option to set a precise width of the objects, one for single pages of posts and pages (single.php template, 620px) and another for the common loop (search.php, index.php, archives.php, … , 500px)
=> Those all requirements (except the overlaying) were met by Simple video embbeder. JW player met again all of them except availibility do be executed in the loop (outside of the post content).
My site: http://www.cibulka.g6.cz
I am posting my question here as well:
Any thoughts PLEASE? Thank you in advance, Petr from Prague
- The topic ‘[Plugin: JW Player Plugin for WordPress] – Executing via do_shortcode’ is closed to new replies.