[Resolved] [Plugin: HTML5 jQuery Audio Player] Pro Version Discussion
I’m considering development of a Pro Version of this plugin. The following features have been requested by users and are being considered for inclusion:
- Multiple playlists/player > this would be so you could add multiple players to a site with different playlists. So for example a band might have a handful of albums – with this new feature they would be able to have a separate player for each album.
- Randomise playlist option > currently tracks display/play in the order they are added. When enabled the randomise playlist option would load the tracks in a random order on each page load.
- Drag n drop playlist manager > this is a feature for the backend… it would let admin use drag n drop to order their playlist.
- AJAX forms in admin > currently if admin makes an error whilst adding/editing a track, it results in error and they have to go back and fill in all fields again… this added feature would improve usability of this, so if admin makes an error on 1 field they just have to re-fill that field only. An example can be seen on Contact Form 7 plugin front-end.
What do you think of these feature suggestions? Any other major additions you would like to request? Also what do you feel would be a reasonable price?
You can help me make this plugin better by sharing your feedback as a user of the plugin.
Thanks all! 🙂
I feel $25 or 30 is quite reasonable.
Hate to add more to your list but a volume adjustment would be great and maybe the option to set a default volume setting.
Thanks for your feedback on pricing jonestv.
I’m not overly keen on adding volume control options to the player. Users can very easily adjust volume on their speakers or by using the master volume control on their computer. So it seems kind of an unnecessary feature – I’m a fan of minimalist UI design.
Yeah I don’t think Volume or Randomizing is really a ‘must have’ for me. The multiple playlists is a great idea, would definitely pay for that. And enhancement to the playlist manager would be a good improvement.
Good timing @icarus747
The Pro Version just went live – check it out here.
The main new features are multiple playlists and enhanced playlist manager. I plan to continue adding and improving features so hopefully a few of the other points raised here will become available soon.
Thanks for your feedback all.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: HTML5 jQuery Audio Player] Pro Version Discussion’ is closed to new replies.