I’ve noticed a problem with the automatic build of sitemaps:
– whenever I publish a new post on my site the existing sitemap files (both xml and xml.gz) get deleted.
I’ve done the following to test:
– stopped publishing
– deactivated the rest of the plugins that might have interefered (W3TC)
– manually built the sitemap (Success) and checked the root to see if the files were created (Success)
– published a new article (success)
– checked the root again for the sitemaps – Files were GONE.
These operations took less than 3 minutes, so the error is there. I’ve checked the debug option in the plugin and the only error I get is this one:
Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/[domain]/public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/sitemap-ui.php on line 124
Despite that, the sitemaps get built when the manual process is used.
Any help/advice is really appreciated!!
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Google XML Sitemaps] Sitemaps deleted after new post is published’ is closed to new replies.