Here I am: I just installed the plugin on my website and I want to build the sitemap (The sitemap wasn’t built yet. Click here to build it the first time.). I have three WP installed. My host is Yahoo! SB.
1) the directory WP is installed: http://www.transport-expertise.org/ and I managed to install the plugin, and build the sitemap on this one.
2) the directory WP is installed: http://www.transport-expertise.org/en but I made it a subdomain, so the link is http://en.transport-expertise.org
3) the directory WP is installed: http://www.transport-expertise.org/fr but I made it a subdomain, so the link is http://fr.transport-expertise.org
When I click on “Click here to build it the first time”, on both “en” and “fr” WP version, I get two different (but close) errors:
2) For the “en” subdomain, I get:
The requested URL http:// was not found on this server.
3) For the “fr” subdomain, I get the Yahoo! 404:
Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you’re having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! home page or look through a list of Yahoo!’s online services. Also, you may find what you’re looking for if you try searching below.
For both subdomains, WP General settings are set like this:
WordPress address (URL)= http://xx.transport-expertise.org
Blog address (URL)= http://xx.transport-expertise.org
Where “xx” is either “en” or “fr”.
Does somebody would know how I could tell the plugin than the subdomain actually points to http://www.transport-expertise/xx because I think (but that can be something else?) this is what causes the problem.
Thank you in advance for your help.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Google XML Sitemaps] Sitemap building error — Subdomain problem?’ is closed to new replies.