WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » [Plugin: Google XML Sitemaps] Doesn’t Work in 2.9

[Plugin: Google XML Sitemaps] Doesn’t Work in 2.9

  • XML Sitemap doesn’t automatically rebuild and notify search engines since upgrade to 2.9

    I have four blogs, each I have upgraded to 2.9 on a different day and each had last rebuild on that day. After upgrade, despite new posts made, the plugin no longer works automatically. You can rebuild it manually, but that’s white. Is this going to get fixed soon?

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Hi,

    Thats unfortunately a bug in WordPress 2.9. Basically, the cron system which should build the sitemap in the background is broken.

    As a workaround until WP 2.9.1 is released (which will be VERY soon), you can disable the option to build the sitemap in a background process. Note that this will cause some delay after hitting the publish button.

    It doesn’t work in 2.9.1 either. I have to rebuild it manually. I tried everything I could to fix this and it still doesn’t work.

    I installed your xml sitemap.. and it’s not validating on feedvalidator…
    http://stockinvesting-montyloree.com/sitemap.xml WP 2.9.1

    It’s also not validating in twitterfeed.com

    It looks fine in the browswer though

    What do I need to do..

    Hi, I have the same problem. I have now upgraded to 2.9.1 but the sitemap still doesn’t update. When I try the “rebuild the sitemap” manually it says that it was generated but the actual sitemap does not change and the latest posts are still not added. I also get an error message when it tries to notify Ask.com. saying that it times out at line 2364 of the sitemap-core.php file. I checked that line and it is a blank line. I would really appreciate any insight on how to fix these issues. Thank you.

    still not working with 2.9.1. – any updates for this? any other plugins someone can suggest?

    Just upgraded to 2.9.1 and it is not working either. What is best alternative would be?

    Can anyone please help me. these are the error mesage i keep on getting…

    # There was a problem writing your sitemap file. Make sure the file exists and is writable.

    # There was a problem writing your zipped sitemap file. Make sure the file exists and is writable.

    But my root and all files are writable! I have tripled check… even with my hosting provider (Goddady)

    thanks

    I got my sitemap working. I don’t know if this will help anyone else but after trying so many things and couldn’t get it to produce the new rebuild I decided to clear my cache and start again. Once I cleared my cache I went to view the xml sitemap and sure enough a new one with all my posts from the last 3 weeks was there. I’m not sure why that made the difference but possibly something in my cache was blocking the new rebuilds from showing. Possibly this may help someone else.

    I have XML Sitemap installed and it is updating the sitemap files, but I cannot get to the configuration page which links from the dashboard as:

    http://panoramagem.com/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=google-sitemap-generator/sitemap.php
    The error is:

    500 – Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

    Is this a permissions problem in the google-sitemap-generator directory? or something else?

    @macsters

    Do you mean clear the cache in your browser or on your server?

    How do you clear cache in your server?

    By the way I have the same problem. My posts are not being updated.

    @iceman2008

    I just cleared the cache in my browser and then typed http://www.mysite.com/sitemap.xml and all my updates were there, and it has continued to work properly since. I think it must have been a gliche in the upgrade to 2.9 and 2.9.1 and clearing the cache just seemed to allow it to start functioning properly again.
    Good luck.

    @macsters

    For someone reason or another, clearing the cache of the browser does not resolve this issue for me.

    I guess the developer (Arne Brachhold) of this plugin is not also monitoring this forum. I have no option left but to look for another plugin.

    Thanks for your help though.

    i had the same problem and clearing the cache worked, but the feed still does not validate???

    Any solutions? or any other plugins someone can refer?

    For me (with 2.9.1) it does not work, manual update returns error 500. The file is not created.

    This plugin has had many issues since the upgrade.
    Getting errors like this that contradict… we have increased script memory to 64M and the file size is 25.25 mb but still errors. Hopefully Arnee checks this out as it is a bug.

    # The last run didn’t finish! Maybe you can raise the memory or time limit for PHP scripts. Learn more
    # The last known memory usage of the script was 25.25MB, the limit of your server is 64M.
    # The last known execution time of the script was 0.05 seconds, the limit of your server is 120 seconds.
    # The script stopped around post number 45 (+/- 100)

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘[Plugin: Google XML Sitemaps] Doesn’t Work in 2.9’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar