Google Reader Dashboard
[resolved] broken - invalid argument in foreach (6 posts)

  1. madivad
    Posted 6 years ago #

    I'm using php 5.2.13

    and I am getting this error:
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/username/public_html/domainfolder/wp-content/plugins/google-reader-dashboard/includes/greader.class.php on line 181

    I have tried it on WordPressMU (initially) but then when it didn't work there, I tries it on a single install, in an entirely separate database


  2. Eric Mann
    Plugin Author

    Posted 6 years ago #

    @madivad Which version of the plug-in are you using? Google has updated their API since the plug-in was released and their update is what caused the bug. This has been fixed in version 1.0.1.

    Please see this other form post for more details and update your installed plug-in.

    If you're using version 1.0.1 already, please contact me ASAP eric [at] eamann [dot] com so we can debug ...

  3. giapet
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I'm getting the same error (except line 160 instead of 181), and I'm using version 1.1.0. It used to work fine, until I upgraded to WordPress 3.1.1.

  4. Eric Mann
    Plugin Author

    Posted 5 years ago #

    @giapet - What other plugins are you using? Version 1.1.0 was tested to work just fine with WP 3.1.1 ...

  5. Boomcraftbeer
    Posted 5 years ago #


    I am having the same issue, I get the line 160 error as well.

    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/luthis/boomcraftbeer.org/wp-content/plugins/google-reader-dashboard/includes/greader.class.php on line 160

    I've tried installing and uninstalling. I've had the widget appear in the widget section and in the settings section, but then I don't get the dashboard. If I am getting the quoted message above it will not show a settings page, but i see the error on the dashboard.

    I am using version 1.1.1

    Thanks for your help!


  6. Eric Mann
    Plugin Author

    Posted 5 years ago #

    OK, I've finally been able to reproduce the problem, and it will require a substantial rewrite of the code.

    Some time ago, Google introduced OAuth for its API. For a time, they were allowing users to use the old authentication system without any problems. I was counting on that while I took some time to rewrite things to use OAuth ... unfortunately that seems to have caught up with me.

    Google Reader Dashboard will not work with the current Google setup because they've changed the way their authentication cookies are stored. I will have an updated version released as soon as I can.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Google Reader Dashboard
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic