Support » Plugin: Google Doc Embedder » [Plugin: Google Doc Embedder] Window doesn't display, Error Message
4 years, 8 months ago
The plugin was working fine for me until recently. Now, I keep getting this error for a PDF:
“Google Doc Embedder Error: retrieve error (:), use force=”1″ to bypass this check”
Any ideas how to correct this?
Without knowing what document you’re working with, I can suggest you go to GDE Settings and under “Advanced Options” check the box to bypass internal error checking. This may “just work” or reveal another, more useful error from Google Viewer.
Ah, my apologies. I would have included a link, but I did not expect such a speedy reply. I disabled internal error checking, and now the window displays, but it does not display the PDF, just HTML.
The link you’ve used to the PDF does not seem to work:
Ensure the file actually exists at that location, then we can see if there’s anything else going on.
That fixed it. It’s odd, because I uploaded that file from my server, and it worked as a hyperlink. Regardless, I uploaded it again, and it worked perfectly.
Thanks for the help.
No problem. Weird things happen sometimes 🙂