[Plugin: Google Doc Embedder]
I am using GDE 2.2.3
I haver a valid (full path) link to a 1 Mb .pdf file and I did notice it was not being viewed until I set Force=1
<!– GDE EMBED ERROR: retrieve error (0:), use force=”1″ to bypass this check –>
I have tried fiddling with a few options but nothing as shown me what is causing this behaviour.
Unfortunately, it gets worse. I have now had to disable the plugin as it all it does is render the blank viewer at the bottom of the post. Tried IE and Chrome on two separate machines.
The download link works ok.
I am happy to send you ( the dev) the link of my post away from this forum.
Hmmmmmm had to do a win7 reboot after an update… went to the post and set changed force=”0″ to force=”1″ . Now can view my document in the GDE.
oh well I just will monitor periodically to see if the issue I experienced comes up again.
Not sure what occurred there. May have been a momentary outage on Google’s end, or some other issue with Google connecting with your embedded file for conversion. Sounds like it resolved itself.
If you find you have to use the “force” option a lot (some servers don’t report certain file attributes normally, making this a requirement on pretty much every file), you can set it globally under Advanced Options > Disable internal error checking. Then force=1 is assumed and you don’t need to add it to the shortcode explicitly.
If you need to send me a link privately in the future, my email is near the top of the donate.php file, or use the support link in your plugin list. Thanks.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Google Doc Embedder]’ is closed to new replies.