For MailChimp - get your customized form:
- Visit MailChimp.com and login
- Hover over the 2nd big icon (Design Sign-Up Form) and select your list.
- – A page that says “Create Form” will appear
- Click the “Share It” tab
- Click the Create HTML Code for A Small Subscribe Form
- Copy the code in the “Copy/Paste into your site” section.
- Open Notepad (or similar program for your operating sytem)
- Paste the code into Notepad
At this point, we’ll grab the actual items of code we’ll need for the form. Here’s an example of the form (for my personal blog’s subscribe form):
In the widget settings, for Form Action, just copy/paste the URL from the <form action=”this part only” part of the linked gist.
In my case, I would copy and paste only http://brandonkraft.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=8bf735574fe7445970000d814&id=f942c3ccf5
For the e-mail field name, I only need the <input type=”email”… name=”EMAIL“…, so I would copy/paste only EMAIL
On MailChimp, there are no hidden fields, so we would leave that section of the widget settings blank.
That should be it!
Last updated: August 22, 2012