Support » Plugin: Use Google Libraries » plugin generated 1202 characters of unexpected output during activation

  • Resolved HowToBlog

    (@howtoblog)


    I just wrote a post on “How to Blog” recommending that WP users utilize this plugin to simultaneously improve their User Experience as well as SEO efforts by allowing google to host jQuery for them.

    Ironically, when I then went to activate the plugin on my site I got the following error message:

    plugin generated 1202 characters of unexpected output during activation

    Searched around using Google but couldn’t find anything that mentioned this particular error message with this particular plugin…

    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Until it’s working I’m going to have to change the status of my post from ‘published’ to ‘draft’. Bummer. Are there issues with this plugin and WP 3.9.1?

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/use-google-libraries/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I had that too. I also had that with the plugin wp-dashboard-chat

    If you notice I think it has to do with how it they construct the class for PHP4 and PHP5 thats causing it to redefine the constructor again

    Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class JCP_UseGoogleLibraries on line 123
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at use-google-libraries/use-google-libraries.php:123) in wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1121

    So if we go to line 123 this is what we get —>

    /* PHP 5 Constructor */
    Line 123: function __construct()

    And right above that —>

    /* PHP 4 Constructor */
    Line 118: 	function JCP_UseGoogleLibraries() {$this->__construct();}

    And on wp dashboard chat —>

    Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class WPDashboardChat in wp-dashboard-chat/wp-dashboard-chat.php on line 47:

    LIne 47:	function __construct()

    And right above that:

    function WPDashboardChat() { $this->__construct(); }

    The PHP 4 constructor was for the older version of PHP and I believe PHP5 has the deprecated functions set to generate. I looked in pluggable.php and it’s the AJAX callback check that wordpress verifies to prevent processing requests external of the site.

    SO basically it seems like both of these plugins AJAX requests are not getting validated.
    For one, we can probably go ahead and delete all PHP 4 references like JCP_UseGoogleLibraries(). This may or may not help. Other than that we probably have to figure out how to get it to validate with the check_ajax_referer but I could be wrong.

    This is about as far as I am able to get without trial/error. My PHP is average at best and my ajax knowledge is even worse so hopefully this at least helps shed some light on whats causing the issues for a more experienced developer or the Plugin Author!

    Haha even more ironic Emily is I just realized that I installed this plugin based off your blog post recommendation!

    Plugin Author Jason Penney

    (@jczorkmid)

    Hi,

    I’ve been behind on getting a new update out. I’ll try to have one out this week. Sorry for the issue you’ve encountered (I’ve never seen it manifest in quite that way). For now you could just comment out (or delete) line 118.

    Yea thats what I ended up doing! Thanks Jason!

    Plugin Author Jason Penney

    (@jczorkmid)

    FYI: the new version came out last week, with this code removed.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘plugin generated 1202 characters of unexpected output during activation’ is closed to new replies.