Just upgraded to 1.3 and quickly ran into an error that affects custom post types. When opening a custom post type from the edit screen, it is populating the fields with the wrong data. The data seems to be coming from the attachment. Posts still display fine on the front-end. Disabling the plugin resolves the issue and loads the correct data for each field. This problem did not occur in the previous version.
Can you provide a bit more details on the issue you’re seeing? I just tested on a clean install and couldn’t find any issues:
– WordPress 3.31
– Gallery Metabox 1.3
– I created a custom post type called “Rotator” with title, editor, excerpt, featured image, and custom fields
– Used the be_gallery_metabox_post_types filter to add ‘rotator’ as a supported post type
– Created a new post in the Rotator post type and added some images. No issues.
– Left, then went back to edit screen. No issues.
– Added one more image. No issues.
If there is an issue I definitely want to get it fixed. If you could share the code you’re using to register the post type and anything else you might think relevant I would really appreciate it.
Good news. I went back to try and recreate this issue on our staging server, and everything worked just fine. I was definitely able to isolate it to this plugin with the original problem, so not sure if it was just a bad install that time or what. In any case, I appreciate you taking the time to look into it; this plugin is a great resource (as is your website!).
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
The topic ‘[Plugin: Gallery Metabox] Custom Post Type Conflict’ is closed to new replies.