Hi, well, the icons should dynamically adjust based on the width of the frame. The part you took out to get it to show up in ie was the part that also adds spacing around the icons so that they don't take up the whole width of the frame, which makes them a lot smaller. In terms of the width you could try switching to the fixed width mode - which would make everything smaller if you're looking at it on a big window. One of the bugfixes I have slated for the next release is that I didn't set a max-width, so the icons can get very big on large monitors even with the smallest setting when running the dynamic width mode.
I did notice why it wasn't working in ie9; the X-UA meta tag is telling ie 8 and 9 to render as ie7. And for some reason ie7 can't understand part of the code for the frame.
So two possible solutions: you can remove the line:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7"/> from header.php in your theme, or I can make it work in ie7 by looking more closely at your earlier solution. The ie7 browser share is now very small, but since other sites that may use this plugin use that meta tag I will see if there's an easy fix that doesn't drop the padding. In terms of removing that meta tag, I can say that your site looked fine rendering as ie8 or 9 (you can check by hitting f12 and changing the document mode). If you don't know of a specific reason why it's there you should be able to at least try removing it, and add it back if something breaks. The only reason that I know of that this meta tag is used is so that you don't need to check rendering across different versions of ie, but 8 and 9 should usually display sites designed for 7 just fine. And by the way rendering in ie7 or 8 does remove the rounded corners and frame shadow, which help make it look less choppy.
You could of course just leave the fix in place that you made, but the problem with editing plugin files is that you need to re-edit whenever you update, so I generally discourage it except where absolutely necessary.