This is a fantastic plugin, there are a few shortcomings that I’m grappling with:
– The image management is a real pain. Why not just implement WordPress’s built-in image upload & feature image? I’d like to just drop a gallery in the Listing description area and easily select which is the “Featured Image.” Currently it is a real annoyance to have to upload each image one at a time and not be able to re-order them. Same applies for documents.
– Add a multiple select option for fields. Currently I have to use checkboxes and the styles make the UI confusing when there are many checkboxes (I suppose re-writing the Admin area CSS would solve that).
– Give better feedback on errors for “required fields”. It drives me nuts that sometimes I can’t add a listing because it is missing a “required field” but I don’t know WHAT is required that I skipped.
– Allow determining which custom fields are required
– Allow setting default values for custom fields.
– Allow setting default country/state/city. I only deal with listing in one city – heck, one zip code – so I had to go in the database and delete all the other countries & provinces. Now I still have to wait for AJAX to load the state dropdown when I pick my country, then the city dropdown when I pick the state. Only then can I choose my city. I think 99% of users won’t need the ability to choose multiple countries & states. Give the option to set a default global one.
Those are my suggestions. Congrats on having, hands-down, the best FREE real estate plugin out there. Implement my suggestions and I’ll buy it!
- The topic ‘[Plugin: FireStorm Professional Real Estate Plugin] A Few Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.