[Resolved] [Plugin: Facebook] Plugin doesn't show "configure" link
Hi everyone, this is my experience with the WP Facebook plugin.
1. I install the plugin uploading it via WordPress. At the time of installation my WP wasn’t updated to 3.4. Also, I had a like box and a like button installed.
2. My FB app is ready and configured
3. I configure the plugin, confirm, and WP starts loading but it gets stuck.
4. After some minutes, I decide to abort the process and go to WP dashboard
5. WP dashboard doesn’t load. I try to access /wp-admin but it doesn’t load either. My entire blog doesn’t load in fact.
6. I manually uninstall the FB plugin via FTP
7. The blog works fine again
8. I update WP, remove every FB entity I had installed (a like box and a like button) and I reinstall the FB plugin
9. When I activate FB plugin, WP loads very slow, and doesn’t show me the configuration link. In other words, WP shows the plugin as activated, but there is no “configure” link. Also, the blog loading speed decreased greatly, every page takes more time than the average to load.
So, to sum up: the first time I installed the plugin, the process went on smoothly until I hit save on the configuration screen. I then had to abort the process and manually uninstall the plugin together with the other FB conflicting objects I had installed (like box, etc).
Now, I can safely install and activate the plugin, but there’s no link to configure it, and my overall WP loading speed greatly decreased.
Any ideas on how I can solve the problem? Please let me know, thanks!
- The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: Facebook] Plugin doesn't show "configure" link’ is closed to new replies.