[Plugin: Facebook] 1.0.2: Bug fixes and feature requests implemented
We’ve just uploaded 1.0.2.
We’ve been watching the support forums closely and we fixed what we think are most of the largest issue folks are encountering (slow site speed, conflicts with other Facebook plugins, etc). The full list is below.
As usual, please don’t hesitate to give us feedback–positive or negative. We appreciate it! Let’s make this plugin awesome, together.
Please do not post issues in this thread. Instead, create a new thread so that we can track issues separately. Thanks and enjoy!
* Fixed issue where some sites were extremely slow as a result of installing the plugin (due to cURL not being installed).
* Added warning and actively disable portions of the plugin if SSL not installed.
* Fixed bug in social publishing.
* Added logic to disable meta boxes/publishing if social publishing is disabled.
* Fixed forever loading issue on FB settings page if no active user exists.
* Added proper escaping.
* Added global settings to set whether social plugins show on all posts, all pages, both, or neither. Done for like button, subscribe button, send button, comments, and recommendations bar.
* Added per-post/page settings for showing/hiding social plugins.
* Fixed poorly formatted description that was being set when publishing to friends’ and Pages’ feeds.
* Added notification if plugins that are potentially conflicting are installed.
* Added suggestions for what to enter in fields in the new user experience.
* Bug fixes to ensure everything works on mobile (including support for WPTouch).
* Bug fixes to Pages drop down on the Facebook settings page.
* Removed the need to create PHP sessions, relying on user meta/transients now.
just updated to 1.02.. after that the plugin has stopped working
downgraded to 1.01 and all is working again.
@kletskater, please open a separate thread with more information and link to it here. Thanks
The “show_on” option is completely different so it will probably break for everybody.
For Matt, this is your issue: PHP Notice: Undefined index: show_on in /xxx/facebook/social-plugins/fb-comments.php on line 51
So people know, to make it work it requires to re-save the settings once.
B is right, to fix that bug for now, just go to the Facebook plugin settings page and click “Save Changes”. We’ll fix the bug in the code and upload the changes soon.
save changes won’t make facebook to show up after upgrade, that I have of course already tried several times before start a thread about it.
@kletskate: please follow up to http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-facebook-after-updated-to-102-the-plugin-stopped-working?replies=18
NOTE: If you’re having issues of Facebook features disappearing once you upgrade, go to Facebook Settings and hit “Save Changes”. This should fix the problem.
hit save changes now for the 57th time, doesn’t change it
@kletskater Please continue following up in http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-facebook-after-updated-to-102-the-plugin-stopped-working?replies=23, not here. Thanks
No problem, let’s just continue the thread there.
One option under the ‘Social Publisher’ is to ‘Mentions show on homepage’ which is great to show who has been mentioned in a post.
Would it be possible to seperate this into two options/dropdown and show:
- People Only
- Pages Only
That’s my only negative feedback, just a small tweak (i’d hope).
Otherwise, it all works pretty much perfectly for me.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Facebook] 1.0.2: Bug fixes and feature requests implemented’ is closed to new replies.