[Resolved] [Plugin: Events Manager] Map doesn't show when event was first submitted with a date mistake
The map feature is broken for events that are submitted through [event_form] with a date mistake on first try. Steps to reproduce:
- Fill the [event_form] information for a new location. Notice that the map is shown properly next to the address fields.
- Fill other information for the event if you will, but leave the date fields empty. Submit.
- You’re returned to the form containing exactly the same info (apart from the image field). Notice, however, that the map preview says “Location not found”, regardless of the correct address information.
- Add a date and Submit. Event is accepted.
- Go to event page. Notice the text “Map Unavailable” where the map should be.
- Go to location page. Notice the same: text “Map Unavailable” showing where the map should be.
Workaround: When users report that something like this has happened with one of their submissions, go to edit the location, cut the location address, wait a few seconds for the map to re-orient, and paste it back. Hit Update.
If at #1 you selected an already existing location, you’ll get the issue mentioned in #3, but not the later ones.
I’ve also experienced other occasions where the map for a location was lost, but haven’t yet been able to pinpoint their cause. When you find a fix for the above, it’s good to see if it should be applied to more than one place in Events Manager code.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: Events Manager] Map doesn't show when event was first submitted with a date mistake’ is closed to new replies.