[Plugin: Events Manager] events-manager.5.0b3 : Showstopper and other problems
WP 3.3 – Multisite Network, Subdirectory install, BP 1.5.2 – all fresh installs
Show stopper :
Event Calendar Sidebar Widget links to completely wrong links instead of the event page.
Location does not get saved, Location Geo-Map is not shown on event page
1. Event page not created by default
“Uh Oh! For some reason WordPress could not create an events page for you “
2. Messages like these persists unnecessarily :
” Events Manager is ready to go! It is highly recommended you read the Getting Started guide on our site, as well as checking out the Settings Page. Dismiss ” persists even after clicking settings page and saving settings
3. Too complex array of choices for individual bloggers – let the admin/system make “intelligent” defaults with optional hiding of so many settings from the non-admin users
4. Make a simple version that just let users add “events” on which other users can say “will attend”, “may attend”/”not attend”
Move the booking and ticketing and all these to various flavors of the paid version of this plugin. Most of the users these days use FB facebook events, and the user expectancy is thus framed.
Thanks for the great plugin.
A demo link that showcases fully working WP 3.3 – Multisite Network, BP 1.5.2, events-manager.5.0b3 will be greatly appreciated.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Events Manager] events-manager.5.0b3 : Showstopper and other problems’ is closed to new replies.