First of all, I'd like to thank you for designing a relatively simple and easy to use plugin that fills a unique niche that no one else seems to have filled. I really like that the interface and settings are to the point and easy to understand.
Also, this plugin works just fine with the auto-install in WP 2.7. I think you can safely change the "Tested up to" to 2.7 in the readme.txt.
That said, I know the main page says there is a list of things to do for future releases, but I thought I'd all my $.02 into the fray:
- Support for multiple concurrent events
- Ability to add event description to the event setup.
- Ability to record payments by check (or cash in person) within the admin interface.
- Corollary to the above, the ability to view (and edit) the registrant info in the admin interface.
- Custom automated replies that can include registration info, event info, contact info, and a unique confirmation code (human readable or short hex code would be ideal). (It would be useful to have the address to send the check in the email reply!)
- Post event registration as a Post rather than a Page in WP.
- Ability to register more than one person in one form (with independent confirmation codes)
- Printable tickets (with barcodes?)
- Ability for various price levels
- Admin capability to waive price
Yes, I know it's a big wish list. I'm only barely knowledgeable in PHP or I'd send you patches. As it is I may modify my install and see if I can get any of the simpler suggestions to work... but don't hold your breath. I'm a much better sysadmin than programmer.