The workflow of WordPress works very well if you write new posts/pages.
But this workflow is incomplete if you want to edit existing and published pages.
In this case there are two possible ways:
- Republish the edited page without confirmation by the editor/review.
- Saving the edited page as draft and removing them from the public visibility.
My wishes for the workflow on published pages are the following:
- The button "Republish" should be hidden for a regular author (user roles).
- The first time when a published page is changed and saved (as draft), a shadow copy of the page is saved. This page is never public visible.
- When an autor/editor opens a page that has a shadow copy, then the shadow copy will be opened.
- If an editor/review publishes such a page, the content of the published page will be replaced by the content of the shadow copy. It is not suitable to create a new page and remove the old page - because all links to this page become broken then.
Has anyone hints how this workflow can be realized?