I've got more or less the same issue, where I would either experience 'double headers' or inconsistent headers in my site.
Theme: 2010 Weaver 1.5.4
Dynamic Header Plugin: 3.5.3
- Installed & Activated plugin
- Created FTP directory <root>/wp-content/header-images
- made it writeable by web user
- uploaded a few sample headers into the directory
- Site Admin -> Appearance --> 2010 Weaver --> Main options
-- set the header height = 0
- For each of my 'pages':
-- goto dynamic header section at bottom, pick 'random media header', save
1) front page doesn't show any header ***
2) Pages show a random header properly
3) any individual post's page doesn't show any header ***
If I set the front-page to HAVE a header, then I experience the 'double header image' problem that I've seen people have elsewhere. Is there any middle ground? I'm hoping to have a randomized 940x200 header for everywhere on my site: Front Page, archived individual posts, and all designated pages.
I was simply following the weaver advanced options blurb which said that "Weaver automatically supports the Dynamic Headers plugin which allows you create highly dynamic headers from its control panel - just install and it will work without any other code edits."