Please also note I am using the email field for emails, not a text field or anything
Hi @spcinno – I am also having a problem with plugin not functioning properly and figured out it was because the form was being submitted via AJAX and this plugin.
The solution for me was to add the public filter to the init_admin function just above it.
This ensures the filter is applied when submitting forms from AJAX.
Add this to gravity-forms-email-blacklist-plus/includes/class-gfemailblacklist.php:49
add_filter( ‘gform_validation’, array( $this, ‘gf_emailblacklist_validation’ ) );
We tried to reproduce the issue and where unable and was hoping you could answer a few questions.
- Are you on the most recent version of the plugin?
- Are you using reCaptcha v2?
- Are you using reCaptcha via the core setting in gravity forms?
- Did @arowls solution work for you?
- Can you provide a link to the form you are having the issue with
- Can you provide and export of the Gravity Form?
Hopefully we can figure out the issue, or @arowls solution worked.
1) Yes, I am using the most recent version of the plugin
2) I am using the reCaptcha version with the checkbox
3) I am using built in Gravity Forms captcha settings
4) Haven’t tried his solution as would prefer to avoid editing plugin files
4-5) Yes, can provide this info, where would you like me to send it?
I too was having this issue.
@arowls solution looks like it worked for me so far. I tested with a recent spam email we received and I was blocked.
This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by bderam.
If the form is live on a site and you can post a link they would be best.
You can also post the exported forms json on https://pastebin.com/ and share the link.
We tested it again and where still unable to reproduce the issue.
It seems the issue might be that the
add_filter( ‘gform_validation’, array( $this, ‘gf_emailblacklist_validation’ ) ); in the
init_frontend() function which is from the Gravity Forms Add-On Framework. This function add tasks or filters to perform only in the front end.
So if your form is in the back end of the site this would prevent it from working. This does note include previewing the form. If you are running the form in the backend or admin area of the site please let us know and we will look into allowing the filter to run there.
I’m having that same issue with the plugin. Can you tell me where the blacklist can be viewed once I have added some emails?