Firstly let me say that I have a lot respect and even greater appreciation for the contribution made by WP plugin authors. Unfortunately, I’m currently not in a position to contribute by way of donation due to the volunteer nature of my work and having an almost “zero” bank balance. I generally make up for this by helping out on several plugin forums.
Now point form follows:
– I switched to DB Cache Reloaded from WP Super Cache because it was causing me problems from time to time so I decided to try a different caching plugin.
– My initial impressions were very good and I continue to use it with one exception (see next point).
– I have found a number of issues with this plugin when it is enabled and I am logged in.
– The way I get around these issues : as soon as I log into WP dashboard I disable DB Cache Reloaded. And then just before logging out – I re-enable it. This seems to work OK for me,
– I have looked at the Forum for DB Cache (predecessor) and found some of the issues reported there being similar to the issues I have been experiencing with DB Cache Reloaded.
I don’t know about the other users of DB Cache Reloaded – but I am very keen to see you iron out these issues and evolve this plugin.
From experience new or “revived” plugins require persistent and regular input from the author for the plugin to “survive” and ultimately establish a loyal base. In general users will assist – with debugging, testing and reporting problems – wherever and whenever they can – but only if the author remains committed and available.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: DB Cache Reloaded] General feedback’ is closed to new replies.