[Plugin: DB Cache Reloaded Fix] Installation problem: Caching can't be activated
While installing and setting up the newest DB Cache Reloaded Fix 2.2.4 several problems were encountered due to misleading documentation. When enabling caching, the plugin gives these messages:
“Caching can’t be activated. Please chmod 755 wp-content/db-cache-reloaded-fix/cache folder
Settings can’t be saved. Please chmod 755 file config.ini”
1. Should the first-mentioned directory be wp-content/plugins/db-cache-reloaded-fix/cache? It seems that the help text misleads by not mentioning “plugins/”.
2. Installing the plugin has not created such a subdirectory. Hopefully the next version creates the directory and gives it the correct chmod.
3. The WordPress site directory tree doesn’t have any file named “config.ini”. Which file needs to be chmodded to 755 and in which directory is it?
4. In one blog we had successfully figured out the abovementioned misleading instructions and got DB Cache Reloaded Fix working correctly. I haven’t benchmarked, but if I remember correctly there was a noticeable speed improvement. Thanks for the developers for that. However, when I disabled caching, I got the same “config can’t be saved, chmod 755 config.ini” message. Despite this, the setting was saved and caching disabled. I then re-enabled the cache, got the same warning, and it was again incorrect as the settings were saved correctly.
Thanks for your efforts in solving these four issues!
- The topic ‘[Plugin: DB Cache Reloaded Fix] Installation problem: Caching can't be activated’ is closed to new replies.