First thanks for a great plugin.
I’m road testing several PM plugins at the moment and yours is quite nice.
Some things to consider for future versions.
Delete button – currently unable to delete messages
Theme template hook – currently only a [shortcode] version
Nonce – would be good to add for extra security but be sure to read up on the wp_nonce_ays() “are you sure” bizarre errors that sometimes arrise
User_level/user_can – subscribers can only PM admin – admin can PM anyone – for support use
Thanks for your feedback.
I wrote this plugin because I couldn’t find any suitable PM plugins to use for my own site. Most PM systems don’t have the “conversation” type of PMs which my site need.
1) Delete button – will come, only a matter of time, probably next release
2) Theme template hook – hmm good thing to add, but for now you can use do_shortcode()
3) Nonce – thought of that but haven’t implemented it yet. Should come soon too!
4) Subscribers can only PM admin – good idea. I will look at doing this. Admin, by default, can PM anybody. Right now, there is a feature that restricts users from starting PM but allow them to reply to PMs sent by admins.
@bren Great suggestions!!
If I can add my 2 cents…
The frontend shortcode version is without a doubt the cleanest PM system I’ve seen WP so far, and that’s saying a lot. Awesome job Jonathan!!
In addition to bren’s suggestions I’d like to see color customization (or even image replacements) for the buttons (i.e. inbox, sent, etc.).
Secondly, I know everyone is trying to avoid WP’s dashboard like its the plague, but some (like myself) embrace the WP Dashboard with Dashboard Plugins such as “Fluency Admin” & “My Brand Login”.
It would be great if you could synchronize the FrontEnd PM system with the WP Dashboard on the Backend.
I thought of color customization too. But right now everything’s in the CSS so that makes it a little more troublesome to implement. I’d put this on the roadmap, but probably not for the next release.
As for integrating this into the WordPress Dashboard, I would possibly make this an option to have. For my site, the dashboard is completely disabled for non-admin users so I haven’t thought of this.
Just wondering if it is possible to find the PM logs somewhere. Are they stored in a particular file/folder on the server?
I used cubePM for an in-class simulation with my students and was hoping there was an efficient way to print transcripts of all communication (I told them this would happen at the end).
I did have them “cc” me on every PM they sent, so I could ultimately go into each PM, copy and paste to a doc, and then print.
Just looking for a more efficient way. Thanks.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: CubePM] Feature request – Delete, groups and nonce’ is closed to new replies.