as “promised” I found a second bug in this excellent peace of software.
It depends on the Title Tag Parsing:
I import an .csv File with only 1 column an 4 rows. First row is set to the titel of the column (e.g. “town”).
Below are a list of towns (e.g. Frankfurt, Berlin, Hamburg).
Each in one single row.
The import runs smooth and databse says 4 rows imported.
Now I build a page template and uses the token #town to be replaced in the page text.
Second I build a standard title template an reused the token #town here as “Company in #town”.
If I run the generation process 4 posts are correct generated.
Each post has the correct main text (body) with the replacement of #town the the content of rows 1 to 4 (one text with frankfurt, one text with berlin, and so on).
But the title Tags are ever the same, saying “Company in Frankfurt”.
The tool misses to jump to the next row while generating title and still uses every time the token fom the first data row.
Would be nice if you can confirm this as a bug (or give me some hints how to avoid this behaviour).
Thanks for the detailed information.
Ryan just made changes that seems to fix it. New version coming within 24 hours.
The bug WAS NOT resloved!
In old version the title only not parsing the replacement tokens, now the titel ist NOT SET and is empty after generating entrys!
I think this issue being in the free edition only has confused things. Going to take a look at it again.
Is it empty/blank or “(no title)”
I got (no title) when no title template was set or it was set but template deleted afterwards.
I’ll run further tests though to try and trigger a blank title.
I fixed the problem this time for sure, at least I am getting my expected titles and I have the free edition setup for sure.
About to release new version.
Kai_Schuerrer please contact me directly if you would like a copy of the full edition for free. To say thanks for bringing this to my attention twice and your patience.
thanks for your fast answers. Do you never sleep? 😉
In fact it´s “(no title)” – I thought thats a WP standard, never mind it´s your default value.
If I think I´ve found a bug I test it on 3 different servers, before I contact you here.
this case I import a fresh database, build a new content template and set it default, build a new title template and set it up and start the generating process.
As described before the content part is parsed perfect, but the title is set to “(no title)”.
Thanks very much for your offer to test the full version for free. I´ll contact you later.
I have 2 girls, one is 3 weeks old and I work from home. Any hours sleep over 6 is a bonus.
I’m not sure if (no title) is applied if the $my_post[‘post_title’] value is populated with a blank space. If it was actually blank titles it would tell me the plugin is applying something, but applying nothing 🙂
Riddles today. I need to go nap my 3 year old then I will zip up the new version from last night and email it.
I just try the new free version. Title now works perfect 🙂
I sent you an email because of the full version.
I do not trust myselfe to say: Maybe I found 3 new bugs 🙁
Will write a new entry about it
- The topic ‘[Plugin: CSV 2 POST] Bug in Title Template Parsing’ is closed to new replies.