WordPress.org

Forums

Cool Video Gallery
[resolved] Separate issues with Safari and Firefox when trying to play in Gallery (5 posts)

  1. NeedforSheed
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I have issues with Cool Video Gallery the symptoms are.

    In Safari when trying to play videos in a Gallery 90% of the time when you click on the video it brings you to a page with Random Text code on it. 10% of the time it pops up and plays the video fine.

    In Firefox about 20% of the time it plays the video in a popup and the other 80% of the time when you click on the video it give you the firefox window to download the video directly to the computer.

    I've tried a different theme, (I'm currently using Thesis 1.8) I have tried to disable all my other plugins, cleaned up my DB...but I still can't get the plugin to work 100% of the time.

    Would love to use it, it's truly the best Video plugin out there.

    I would be happy to pay for support!

    http://need4sheed.com/video-home

    Thanks in advance

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cool-video-gallery/

  2. seriousgreenscreen
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I had no problem with Safari, but Firefox only wanted to download the file and wouldn't even play it then. I really don't want these files downloaded. I'll have to try to reload an old version of CVG until this is resolved.

  3. Praveen Rajan
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    @ seriousgreenscreen

    Please make sure you don't have any downloader configured with Firefox.

    Thanks,
    Praveen Rajan

  4. NeedforSheed
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I think I may have figures something out. You must wait until the entire page is loaded before you can click on one of the videos to watch it.

    If you wait (in any browser) the file plays.

    Maybe there is a way to program the plugin to wait until page loads to start video play?

    Just a though.

  5. Praveen Rajan
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    @ NeedforSheed

    Yes, you are right. The javascript functionalities load only after the page has completely loaded. This is the normal behavior of all Javascript libraries.

    Thanks,
    Praveen Rajan

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Cool Video Gallery
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic