WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » Contact Form DB » [Resolved] [Plugin: Contact Form 7 to Database Extension] problem with RTL languages in the database/csv file

[Resolved] [Plugin: Contact Form 7 to Database Extension] problem with RTL languages in the database/csv file

  • hi mike. i want to thank you very much for the great job…

    well, us RTL people have problem with this plugin.
    when people fill the form in hebrew i get only quastin marks insted..

    you can have a look at the screenshot here:
    http://zeevm.co.il/1.JPG

    (we use UTF-8 in our sites)

    can you do somthing about that ?

    thank you anyway

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Hi,
    same here,
    would be great it is would have UTF-8 support.

    thanks for your support.
    Great work !!
    Omri

    hi, msimpson
    are you there? is this plugin still supported?

    i got into your code, trued to encode the data into UTF-8
    a change in the header did not solv the problem
    also tried to use utf8-decode method – did not do the job.
    any recommendations?

    thanks,
    Omri

    Plugin Author Michael Simpson

    @msimpson

    Hi, I have been a bit busy with other stuff. I will look into understanding what I need to do. Once I get the post data I’m not sure if I need to do something before storing it int the DB or if I need to do something when I take it out of the DB.

    The same problem here, with Polish language and special chars like ąśćłóńęź 🙂

    Plugin Author Michael Simpson

    @msimpson

    Try executing these changes in your MySql DB, then try submitting a form again and please tell me how that looks.

    ALTER TABLE wp_CF7DBPlugin_SUBMITS MODIFY form_name longtext CHARACTER SET utf8;
    ALTER TABLE wp_CF7DBPlugin_SUBMITS MODIFY field_name longtext CHARACTER SET utf8;
    ALTER TABLE wp_CF7DBPlugin_SUBMITS MODIFY field_value longtext CHARACTER SET utf8;

    Sorry for double reply

    Hi! Works great!

    Looks like plugin, sets encoding to latin_swedish by default.

    Thx a lot!

    Plugin Author Michael Simpson

    @msimpson

    Actually I made a minor copy-paste error, the columns should not be all “longtext” (doesn’t really matter..) but the code should be:

    ALTER TABLE wp_CF7DBPlugin_SUBMITS MODIFY form_name VARCHAR(127) CHARACTER SET utf8;
    ALTER TABLE wp_CF7DBPlugin_SUBMITS MODIFY field_name VARCHAR(127) CHARACTER SET utf8;
    ALTER TABLE wp_CF7DBPlugin_SUBMITS MODIFY field_value longtext CHARACTER SET utf8;
    Plugin Author Michael Simpson

    @msimpson

    I notice that when I export to a CSV file, when I look at it in a text editor, I see the right characters, for example ąśćłóńęź, but when I open the file in MS Excel it displays them wrong: ąśćłóńęź

    Hi,
    thanks for returning.

    yes, this is the problem.
    i think it is a BOM problem or something like that.

    when i open the file with notepad++ it is ok.
    when i open the file with excel it is ok.

    i think so 2…. After switching the DB to utf8_general_ci we can see Hebrew in the site…. but when exporting to CSV we get JIBRISH.

    I think so 2 that the problem is that the excel is looking for a file with BOOM but the exported file doesn’t have any boom…

    We will be very happy for some help with this problem please.

    p.s.
    why is the default DB is saved as Swedish encoding ?

    Plugin Author Michael Simpson

    @msimpson

    I have release version 1.2 which handled the BOM issue and will automatically do the “alter table” commands to save form posts in UTF-8.

    Plugin Author Michael Simpson

    @msimpson

    NOTE: in version 1.2, in the admin panel, look under Contact -> Database to see your data

    hi that works great now in hebrew !!! thank you so much in the name of all hebrew speaking all over 🙂 !

    Sorry mate,
    the change did not solve the problem for me:
    1. working with cf7, version: 2.4.1
    2. upgrading cf7dbe to version: 1.2
    3. export csv -> hebrow comes scrambled.
    4. add new hebrew record to db via cf7.
    5. export csv -> hebrow comes scrambled.

    here are some hebrew letters for debug:
    נסה לתקן את הבאג
    i think that the problem is that the file is not saved as UTF-8, because when i save the file and opens it with notepad++, viewing at the encoding, shows a different character set.

    let me know if you need more assistance.
    Omri

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: Contact Form 7 to Database Extension] problem with RTL languages in the database/csv file’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar