I sent these questions to the developer's support but have not heard back. If anyone can answer I would appreciate it.
A friend has asked me to help her set up Connections on her WordPress site. Ideally she would like it to be able to do the following, and I'm uncertain whether or not these things are possible:
1) Be able to display a Google Map on each listing
- I assume from what I read that I would need to purchase the CMap Template to do this? Is there no way to add such a map using one of the default templates?
2) Be able to display a video (or link to a video) on each listing
- Do any of the templates allow this?
3) Have a Category Dropdown and search box included
- Again, is this possible with the default template? With the CMAP template? Or do I need to create my own dropdown, create a page for each of the selectable categories, and have my dropdown direct to those specific pages which are built using a shortcode to limit the category displayed? Likewise with the search would I have to create my own search capability? Or do any of the templates include search?
4) Have a visitor to the website be able to log in, and create their own listing?
- Ideally my friend wants a user to create a login, receive a confirmation email for the user to confirm login, then allow the user to add a directory listing themselves for moderation. Can the plugin do this? Or do I have to create my own functionality, use a form to collect the data, and have my friend manually create each new record herself using the WordPress control panel?