I've got the current versions of NextGEN Gallery plugin, Meteor Slider plugon, and WordPress installed (version numbers below).
It looks like the jquery-cycle include is the problem, because if I comment the "wp_register_script('jquery-cycle' … '2.9995')" line out in the NextGEN plugin (leaving the version 3.5.1 of jquery-cycle imported by Meteor), everything appears to work as expected.
Is there some reason NextGEN uses 2.9995? Is there unexpected or perhaps just untested behaviour if I use 3.5.1 instead? Is there some way to avoid NextGEN trying to load an old version of hquery components when another plugin has already loaded a newer one?
- WordPress up to date? WordPress 3.5.1.
- NextGEN up to date? Version 1.9.12
- What version of NextGEN Gallery did you upgrade from? (i.e. I had 1.9.8, then upgraded to 1.9.12) Not applicable
(please confirm the following, with your server host tech) :
- MySQL up to date (at least 5.2.4)? MySQL version 5.5.30-cll
- PHP up to date (at least 5.0)? PHP version 5.3.17
- The mod_rewrite Apache module activated? Yes
- PHP Safe Mode OFF? Yes
Additional information that will help us find a solution:
- Who are you hosted with? VentraIP.com.au CLOUDLINUX 6.3 x86_64 vmware WHM 11.36.0 (build 14)
- What theme are you running? Responsive (ThemeID) - with child theme.
- Does this error still occur if you switch your theme to the WP default, and deactivate all plugins except NextGEN Gallery? (*be sure to clear your browser cache and reload your site after deactivating) No. Error solved by disabling either NextGEN or Meteor.