Support » Plugins » [Plugin: Codestyling Localization] Translations partially don't work

  • Resolved floridiculous

    (@floridiculous)


    I just wanted to post a short solution for a problem I had when using the Codestyling Localization plugin to translate some phrases, that I introduce in two custom taxonomies. Maybe someone else can profit from it.

    My code containing the terms which shall be translated looks like this:

    function create_eventlocation_taxonomy() {
    $labels = array(
       'name' => _x( 'Locations', 'taxonomy general name', 'my_textdomain' ),
       'singular_name' => _x( 'Location', 'taxonomy singular name', 'my_textdomain' ),
       'search_items' =>  __( 'Search Locations', 'my_textdomain' ),
       …
    }
    add_action( 'init', 'create_eventlocation_taxonomy', 0 );

    Then I used “Codestyling Localization” to translate those phrases. This worked up to a certain point: Many (about 40) phrases got translated correctly, the rest just stayed in English. Furthermore my translated slug for the taxonomies did not work within the frontend.

    I figured out that the hook should not be called with a priority that low. By changing the hook to
    add_action( 'init', 'create_eventlocation_taxonomy', 0 );
    (and therefore giving it the default priority “10”) I got the entire translation to work.

    Unfortunately I’m not knowledgable enough about the action hooks to tell why the translation process stops right in the middle.

    Cheers,
    Florian

  • The topic ‘[Plugin: Codestyling Localization] Translations partially don't work’ is closed to new replies.