I need to disable self-acting change of main author of a post after making some corrections by administrator.
Please give me some advice if it’s possible.
Do you mind explaining with a bit more detail about:
- What you’re trying to do
- What you expected to see
- What happened instead
- How we can reproduce the issue
I have installed your plugin (ver. 2.5.3) on my intranet WP wiki and:
- as administrator I want to make some corrections to posts of my coo-workers.
- but I don’t want to be shown as the main author of a post. For some posts I need your plugin for team edited posts.
- after my changes I am automatically shown as the main author of a post. I would prefer to be listed as one of the people making post modification.
When I disable your plugin all comes back to normal: after making changes I am shown only on the list of post modifications, not on the homepage as the author of mentioned post.
- just install WP 3.2.1, enable your plugin and make all from pt.3
I hope this is clear for you.
Sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the detailed description. I’m still not able to reproduce the problem.
Two more questions:
- Can you share a screenshot of what you see when you see the issue?
- Do you have any other plugins running? If so, what are they
Daniel thanks for the response.
I’ve disabled the plugin so I can’t take a screenshot, but what was happening with me was as exactly as above:
1. Set new author with Co-Authors & Save
2. Admin edits post
3. New author still appears under Co-Authors, but admin is set as the default author and is what is visible on the site.
This also happens using Quick Edit and seemed to affect a large number of posts.
Here are most of the plugins I’m using, the others just include Gallery, Twitter Tools, Visual Subtitle, Wp-Total Cache..
I’ve not been able to replicate the bug myself, but I can see that it’s happening on a client’s website. A contributor is submitting a post, but when an Administrator modifies or updates the post, it has replaced the original post author ID with the Administators.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Co-Authors Plus] Disable change of main author’ is closed to new replies.