Initially the plugin seemed to be working beautifully, but then I noticed that the order would change as I added new posts. I would go back in and correct it, but the order would change again later. It is also changing the order of a taxonomy that shouldn't be affected. For instance, I have two taxonomies for a post type. I will add a post and utilize one of the taxonomies (not checking anything in the other), and the other taxonomy will end up out of order again, so it's not necessarily shuffling the order when I've added a taxonomy term to the taxonomy or have added a post associated with one of its terms. It just seems to be reordering randomly. Also, the taxonomy terms change order within the drag and drop section, not just on the front end.
I've tried adding this to my get_terms query to see if I could force it: 'orderby' => 'term_order'
but it doesn't help.