[Resolved] [Plugin: BulletProof Security] Feature suggestion: Automated backups
Thanks for the great plugin. Here’s a suggestion for saving time for BPS users and to make the installation and setup be more simple: Automated backups of .htaccess files.
It can be done in several exact ways. Here’s one:
1. When BPS is installed, it makes backups of all .htaccess files automatically.
2. When any .htaccess file is changed, BPS makes a backup of it automatically.
3. The backups don’t overwrite each other; instead, they are timestamped and file names are chosen for clarity. All of them can be seen in a list, and any of them can be selected for recovery.
4. Expert users who would change their .htaccess files a lot could end up with lots of backup files. To overcome that rare case, an option for deleting selected backup files can be added.
The aim is that the user never really has to backup .htaccess files automatically. The only manual thing user needs to do with backups is to download them for storing them elsewhere, if he wants, and restoring them, when needed.
The chmod permissions for the files in the backup would stay untouched all the time. If they worked once, they’ll work any time later on, as everything about them is precisely as it used to be.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: BulletProof Security] Feature suggestion: Automated backups’ is closed to new replies.